Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Daisy Buchanan's home is going to make for some lovely firewood soon.


Remember reading The Great Gatsby in high school? No? You read it, I'm sure of it. Somewhere between Death of a Salesman and Macbeth. But knowing your lack of self-motivation in life, you never read it probably. You never even read the SparkNotes version.

Annnyway, remember Daisy Buchanan? No, of course not, why would you? She was a character in Gatsby, and we've established that you never read it. But I did, because I'm a worldly man of leisure who not only reads classic literature, but also looks dashing in Italian business suits.

Well, it seems Daisy Buchanan's real life home--or, rather, the home that inspired F. Scott Fitzgerald to make it Daisy's in the book--is going to be demolished soon. Disrepair and neglect means the house isn't worth the land it sits on. I sense a condo complex on the horizon.

I'm not saying you're to blame. I'm just saying look at what never reading that book in high school has lead to.




No comments:

Post a Comment