Thursday, July 13, 2017

Kermit the frog is no longer Kermit the frog.


Kermit plotting his revenge against Elmo and company.

Steve Whitmire, the voice of Kermit the frog, has been fired, and no one exactly knows why.

Disney, who owns the Muppets, announced in October 2016 that they intended to recast Kermit's voice, but never explained to Whitmire why, or to anyone else for that matter. Whitmire took over the voice of Kermit in 1990 after the Muppets creator--and original Kermit--Jim Henson died.

On his personal blog, Whitmire is taking the whole matter pretty hard.

"I want all of you who love the Muppets to know that I would never consider abandoning Kermit or any of the others because to do so would be to forsake the assignment entrusted to me by Jim Henson, my friend and mentor, but even more, my hero," he wrote.

Oh, boy.

"I just want you all to know that I am sorry if I have disappointed any of you at any point throughout our journey, and to let everyone know that I am devastated to have failed in my duty to my hero," he added.

Someone get this guy a drink...or six...because he's going to need them.

Since Disney is quiet on the matter, I think it's fair to throw wild accusations around and blame Elmo for this. We all know he's power hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment