Sunday, July 23, 2017

George R.R. Martin now says the next 'Game of Thrones' book might come out May 2018





Some things in life you never want to rush into, like marriage, having children, or a 7/11 at 3am on a Tuesday.

For George R.R. Martin, it's never wanting to rush into completing a book millions of his fans want to see completed.

A Dance with Dragons--the last Game of Thrones book released--was published in 2011. It's been a six year wait for audiences to learn the fate of Jon Snow, Khaleesi, Cersei, Tyrion, and the rest of the Westeros gang. The wait has been so long that HBO's televised version of the books has caught up and blown past the books' timeline, as the producers of the show can't stick around waiting untold years for Martin to finish his version of events.

Now, Martin claims he'll release the next Game of Thrones book (The Winds of Winter) hopefully by May 2018. In a blog post he says:

"And, yes, I know you all want to know about THE WINDS OF WINTER too. [...] I am still working on it, I am still months away (how many? good question), I still have good days and bad days, and that's all I care to say. Whether WINDS or the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream..."

Two? Two?! Did he just say two, or are there paint fumes lingering around me? I have more faith in Bigfoot, Paula Deen's health tips, and corrupt American politicians than Martin's proclamations.

Two. Keep whispering sweet nothings to us, George.


No comments:

Post a Comment