Friday, September 14, 2012

The 10 Public Colleges with "Insanely Luxurious Dorms"


That's The Fiscal Times description.

What qualifies as "insanely luxurious dorms" to The Fiscal Times?

At Penn State:
...dorms with a microwave and fridge.

At the University of Michigan:
...single, double, and triple rooms (luxury!) with air conditioning and wifi.

At the University of Cincinnati:
...shared bathrooms and living rooms (dreamy!), and a state of the art gym.

At Colorado State University:
...air conditioning and heat, with a 700 person common dining area.

At East Stroudsburg University:
...moveable furniture and apartments with up to four bedrooms.

That's right--the lap of insane luxury is furniture that moves in giant apartments with four people.

When I was an undergraduate I lived in an apartment across the street from a potato chip factory, with a beaten down meth den next door where concoctions were brewed in the basement and excess leftovers dumped in the backyard. An elderly man pimped out fifty year old women from his second floor apartment, while a slew of Mercedes and BMWs parked out front for a half hour. Meanwhile, the apartment below me ran a chop shop, where they stole cars from Boston and stripped them of anything valuable. A prostitute was found murdered on some abandoned train tracks behind the complex I lived in. And one delightful day a local police officer pulled a gun on me while I walked my dog because they mistook me for a criminal.

By The Fiscal Times standards, I was living the dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment