Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reading and driving: two things that should always be done at the same time.

With Valentine's Day coming soon, romantic books come to the forefront. But there's such a wide array of romantic books available that it can be difficult to know what to read. Thankfully, there's a type of romantic book available that everyone can identify with: NASCAR romantic novels. The glitz, the glamour, the pork rinds for sale in the stands--it's as if those Harlequin novel folks have their fingers on the pulse of Dixie. Who hasn't wanted the thrill of love mixed with the smell of gasoline fumes?

If you ask me, Jackie Collins has always been lacking references to motor oil and radiator leaks. Finally, NASCAR comes through with novels about men breaking records and breaking hearts. These novels are probably so steamy that you'll need the defroster set to max in your own race car. And how can you resist books with titles that blend together both the action of NASCAR with the innuendo of seduction? 

Titles such as:

Checkered Past
Black Flag, White Lies
Running on Empty
Risky Moves
Hot Pursuit
On the Move
Teaming Up
Hitting the Brakes
Slingshot Moves
Speed Bumps
Within Striking Distance
One Track Mind
Slow Burn
 
But why stop there? Do NASCAR romance novels lack the appeal of putting you in the action? Well, good news! Booksbyyou.com has their "Racing Hearts - Love in the Fast Lane!" collection. According to their website:





Remember: You co-author Racing Hearts by selecting the heroine, hero and heroine's best friend - and even your dog or cat! The novel is 195 pages and professionally bound, with more than 25 characteristics to personalize, making it a gift that is truly unique and sentimental. A gift that will be cherished forever.








Did you just say I get to pick my own dog and cat, too?? Well, as long as you let me include Mr. Whiskers in my romance novel, you've got me sold! So, too, are some happy customers who already received their personalized race car romance books. A guy named Richie M. from Ontario (proposed race slogan: "Where 'y'all' becomes 'eh?'") is more than happy:

"My girlfriend showed me my name on the cover and I almost fell out of my chair. When I started reading we were "driven away" by the story. It's like being at Daytona, only better because I took home the ultimate prize."

A pick-up truck with brand new mud flaps? All we know is Richie is one very happy man. With Valentine's Day coming up, I think we can expect the girlfriend is getting a sweet dinner out to Tim Horton's (the Canadian doppelganger of Hardees) as a thank you. That's love in the fast lane, Canadian style.

No comments:

Post a Comment