Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Andy Rooney calls it quits on '60 Minutes' this Sunday.


"Quits" is too strong a word. The man is 92 years old at this point. No, seriously, he's 92. That's not my usual charming sarcasm using a little hyperbole. At 92, I don't think anyone can claim you're a quitter. You just get a pat on the back for not dying during the telecast.

Andy Rooney's last '60 Minutes' telecast is this Sunday. He was a writer before he was a television personality. And yet as a television personality he wrote--by this Sunday--1,097 essays, usually curmudgeonly, always to the point, and occasionally offensive. That probably just means he was doing what any good writer should do: provoke a feeling inside you.

Or he might just rail against computers, like any good grandfather would:


Is it bad I agree with him? Just punch my AARP card at this point. I'm one exciting evening away from an assisted living facility where I troll the grounds in a scooter.



No comments:

Post a Comment