Saturday, August 6, 2011

Phillips Andover Academy has its own sanctioned hip-hop song.



In other news, hip-hop passed away last week after a long battle with lameness. It was 32 years old.

Yeah, it seems the Buffy and Giles crowd over at Phillips Andover Academy made a hip-hop video. Somewhere, Tupac is wondering where it all went so horribly wrong.

I made it to about 1:30 in the video before the throbbing in my head was too much. Having Abercrombie & Fitch rejects tell us how down-to-earth and normal they are gave me indigestion on par with eating bad chorizo.

"Coming to Andover basically enlightened me!" raps one young woman at around 1:10. As my grandmother would say, if you need to tell someone you're enlightened, you're probably not enlightened.

At 1:20, some middle-aged teacher at the school starts dropping beats and knowledge--and that's when I knew rap and hip-hop officially had been laid to rest. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to the Red Cross.

Best/worst part: the comments on the Youtube page. One person says "It gave me chills."

((rubs temples furiously)) Can't pretentious rich people just stick to country clubs and ruining the economy?

No comments:

Post a Comment